International students

Pursue a Canadian education in beautiful British Columbia.


Why study in B.C.?

With mountain ranges and a Pacific coastline, B.C. is known for its beautiful landscape, offering hiking and biking trails, camping, skiing, and beautiful beaches.

There are 25 public post-secondary institutions in B.C. that are consistently among the top-ranked institutions in Canada.

Ukrainian students

If you are a post-secondary student looking to study in Canada, you may need a study permit. Ukrainians arriving through CUAET may be eligible for domestic tuition rates.

If you don't have access to education documents like diplomas or academic transcripts, the World Education Services Gateway Program may be able to help you.

International Credential Evaluation Service

If you are seeking employment, professional licensing, or further study in Canada, the International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES) can help. ICES evaluates formal for-credit educational programs of study for people who have studied in other countries and determines comparable levels in British Columbian and Canadian terms. The results of an ICES assessment are provided in evaluation reports that are objective, consistent, and reliable.


English is the language of instruction

Each institution sets its own level of English proficiency. Our Search database provides information about each institution's English Language Proficiency requirement. For further information, contact the institutions you are interested in attending to confirm you have the required level of English. English as a Second Language (ESL) upgrading support is available at most institutions.


Applying for a study permit

If your academic degree program is longer than 6 months, you must obtain a study permit. A study permit is a document that the Government of Canada issues to international students to study in Canada. Learn more about the process, who can apply, how to apply, and how to prepare for your arrival.
See Citizenship and Immigration Canada on how to get one.


Medical insurance

If you're studying in BC for longer than 6 months, you must enroll in the B.C. Medical Services Plan (MSP). Since there is approximately a 2 to 3 month waiting period for newcomers to B.C. before the MSP takes effect, you should apply for B.C. MSP immediately upon your arrival. Contact your post-secondary institution’s International Student Services Office to arrange temporary health insurance during this waiting period.


Speak to an advisor

Academic Advisors and International Student Advisors at each institution are available to answer questions such as application/admission process and program choices. Contact an advisor at the institution you would like to attend and ask all the questions you have on studying, living, and working in B.C.


Ready to explore? Start your search.