The BC public post-secondary sector and government are working together to develop an online system that will consolidate existing government-supported advisory and application resources for students, making it easier to plan, search, and apply for post-secondary education in BC.
Who is Involved
The EducationPlannerBC Steering Committee and Working Groups are made up of representatives from BC public post-secondary institutions, including Registrars, Provosts, Vice Presidents Student Affairs, and Chief Information Officers. Representatives from a large variety of the 25 BC public post-secondary institutions have been involved in the initial development and planning, and will be involved in varying degrees moving forward.
The Steering Committee and Working Groups are supported by members of the BC Council on Admissions and Transfer (BCCAT), BCcampus, and the Ministry of Advanced Education.
What are we trying to achieve?
- Students will explore potential career pathways and the variety of post-secondary opportunities available in BC to help them achieve their personal goals.
- Students will use a single online resource to easily and conveniently apply to BC post-secondary institutions.
- Post-secondary institutions and government will access system-wide data regarding the usage of educational/career planning information and applicant behaviour to inform policy decisions.
What has already happened?
- Integrated EducationPlanner and ApplyBC into the new EducationPlannerBC.ca website and developed Phase 2 enhancements.
- Established Policy, Governance and Operations Working Groups (made up of representatives from across the 25 public post - secondary institutions)
- Launched policy consultations to gather input from across the public post-secondary sector to inform planning and decision making
What is happening next?
There are a number of changes planned for 2017 and 2018, including:
- Institutions currently on EducationPlannerBC will onboard to new Phase 2 enhancements in June 2017;
- Continue development of Phase 3 policy and governance decisions in partnerships/institutions;
- Continue to finalize structure and policies as well as develop a business case to make EducationPlannerBC a public post-secondary-member-directed sustainable entity in the future;
- Prioritize learning from user experience research to inform Phase 3 design and planning activities; and
Consultations will be continue with the public post-secondary sector to inform policy, governance and technology decisions.
Want more information?
If you have any questions about EducationPlannerBC, please feel free to contact us.