1. Completed 90 appropriate credits from the subject areas of English, Biology, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry. The specific course requirements are detailed on the Faculty of Medicine website. At least a 75% average is needed for all university-level courses attempted.2. Take the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) and request that your results be released to UBC
Non-Academic1. Completed all other application requirements as outlined on the UBC Faculty of Medicine Admissions web site
1. No particular degree program is considered ideal as preparation for the study and practice of medicine. A variety of pre-medical academic backgrounds is considered desirable.
2. Admission is extremely competitive. There are far more applicants than available spaces in the program.
3. You must apply using the online application available on UBC's Faculty of Medicine website.4. The selection of students for the Northern Medical Program is the same as all medical students (ie - Island Medical Program and the Vancouver Fraser Medical Program), with the addition of a "Rural Remote Suitability" score which estimates each candidates aptitude and attitude for rural education.
5. Preference is given to residents of BC. However, a small number of out-of-province applicants are accepted each year.
6. For answers to frequently asked questions about the program click here.
Applicants also have to satisfy UNBC's Institutional Admission Requirements.
If English is not your first language, you must meet one of the following (minimum score):
Verify with the institution directly
English Language Requirement - English is the primary language of instruction and communication at UNBC. If your first language is not English, you must be able to demonstrate an acceptable level of proficiency in the use of English to participate in classroom instruction and discussion as well as complete written assignments. See English Language Requirements for full details.
Information for other Admission Categories is found here.
These categories include:
For details on How to Apply check here.
Education Building Options for this program are not available.
Training in a program like this one can lead to different careers. Related occupations are presented to show potential career options, not definite outcomes.
These links lead to occupational descriptions on WorkBC.