1. A Bachelor's Degree in arts, science, or commerce.
- submit a Letter of Intent. This letter should describe your reasons for wanting to study film production at UBC and your background in film production or areas related to film production
- submit a portfolio of completed productions on which you were the director. This portfolio can consist of five to 10 minutes of material. It can be made up of one film or several short films. The portfolio must be posted to Youtube, Vimeo, or a private site and you must provide a link to the site. The films must be viewable without joining a site or providing a password.
- submit a background statement of your portfolio. This statement should include a short description of the films in your portfolio (the title, the length and a one-line plot description), what role(s) you fulfilled on each of these films and your comments on what you feel worked best and least about each of the films
- submit a resume of related experience
Applicants also have to satisfy UBC's Institutional Admission Requirements.