Admission is competitive. Courses used to calculate the grade point average (GPA) are:
Admission Advice1. You should note the following points related to the portfolio:
2. The letter of intent should be no longer than 300 words and describe your reasons for wanting to study in the Visual Arts. In addition, artist statements are welcome but not mandatory.
3. The deadline for portfolio submission and letter of intent is February 15 for admission the following September.
4. For inquiries about portfolio requirements, contact the UBC Okanagan Creative Studies Department at 250.807.9648.
5. Admission is very competitive. The number of places within the BFA program is limited, and admission is based on a review of the portfolio, the letter of intent, and grade average.
6. The following courses are approved Grade 12 courses. They can be used to calculate your admissions average.
Applicants also have to satisfy UBC-O's Institutional Admission Requirements.
One of the following (minimum scores):
Verify with the institution directly
Details on admission requirements for Canadian Aboriginal Students are found here.
Education Building Options for this program are not available.
Training in a program like this one can lead to different careers. Related occupations are presented to show potential career options, not definite outcomes.
These links lead to occupational descriptions on WorkBC.