a a four-year (minimum 120 credit) bachelor's degree or equivalent at a recognize post-secondary institute
2. All of:
- GPA - at least a 65% overall average in the last 30 credits of post-secondary work attempted;
- English Requirement - six credits of approved English with at least a 65% average. A minimum of three credits must be in English Literature;
- Canadian Studies - three credits which have significant Canadian content as approved by the program faculty.
- Lab Science - at least three credits in a laboratory science completed no more than 10 years before entering the program. Lab science courses are normally chosen from the life sciences, chemistry, physical geography, earth and ocean science, astronomy or physics.
- Mathematics- at least three credits of approved Math courses completed no more than 10 years before entering the program (business math, finance math or statistics courses are not acceptable.)
- 24 credits in a teachable subject
- Geography - three credits
- History - three credits
- 15 credits of Anthropology, Economics, Geography, History, Political Science, and/or Sociology
- a minimum of 75 hours of practical experience (volunteer or paid) working with young people
It is critical that you consult with UBC-O's Faculty of Education Advisor to receive assistance in mapping out the prerequisite courses needed for program entry.
Applicants also have to satisfy UBC-O's Institutional Admission Requirements.