(minimum grade needed in bracket)
1. One of:
- high school graduation (or equivalent)
- mature student status (be at least 19 years old and out of high school for at least one year)
- Biology 12 (60%)
- equivalent ABE Biology course (60%)
4. Chemistry or Physics
- Chemistry 11 (60%)
- Chemistry 12 (60%)
- Physics 11 (60%)
- Physics 12 (60%)
- equivalent ABE Provincial Level Chemistry course (60%)
- equivalent ABE Provincial Level Physics course (60%)
- equivalent ABE Advanced Level Chemistry course (60%)
- equivalent ABE Advanced Level Physics course (60%)
- Applications of Physics 11 (60%)
- Applications of Physics 12 (60%)
- dental exam confirming healthy teeth and oral tissues
- negative Tuberculin Test within six months before the start date of the program, or adequate follow-up in the case of a positive test
- Red Cross Standard First Aid or St John Ambulance First Aid and a Basic Life Support, Level C course not more than 12 months before admission
- Criminal Record Check no more than three months before their date of admission.
- current immunizations are strongly recommended
1. You are advised to attend the program orientation session. It is normally held sometime in the spring.
2. Admission priority is based on the following:
- relevant experience such as "chairside" dental assisting experience in BC or equivalent, validated by submission of the required reference form by the employer = two points;
- relevant experience as a dental receptionist or dental laboratory technician/assistant validated by submission of the required reference form by the employer = four points (maximum two points per position);
- completion of Okanagan College's DENT 001 (Introduction to Dental Assisting), a Dental Reception program, or partial or full completion of another Dental Assisting program, validated by official transcripts = two points (maximum one point per certificate or DENT 001);
- demonstration of prior interest in the program, validated by completing the application process the preceding year at OC = one point.
Applicants also have to satisfy OC's Institutional Admission Requirements.