Related Foundation Programs
This program satisfies the training standard set by the BC Industry Training Authority for:
Welder Endorsement - Multi-Process Alloy Welding (MPAW)
Source: 'Welder Endorsement - Multi-Process Alloy Welding (MPAW)' profile on BC ITA.
You can add a Multi-Process Alloy Welding (MPAW) endorsement to your original Welder Certificate by completing 900 hours of work-based training and 150 hours (5 weeks) of technical training.
This program normally takes one year to complete.
The technical training requirement is typically met through block-release training delivered by an ITA-approved training provider. This normally is offered on a full-time basis.
Training modules are:
- Occupational Skills
- Oxy-Fuel Cutting and Gouging Processes (OFC and OFG)
- Fusion and Braze Welding (TB) Using the Oxy-Fuel (OFW) Process
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Elctric Arc Cutting, Gouging and Related Processes
- Semi-Automatic Welding
- Basic Metallurgy
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
- Welding Drawings
- Layout and Fabricate Components
- Quality Control and Inspection
- Standards, Codes, Specifications and Welder Qualifications
- Submerged Arc Wedling (SAW)
- Specialized Processes
- A Welder - Certificate of Qualification with Interprovincial Red Seal Endorsement
Apprenticeship training in this program can lead to a career in:
Explore potential career options in WorkBC.
BC Work Futures provides information about occupations, industries and labour market conditions in British Columbia. It features detailed profiles of over 500 occupations.