1) Program Admission Requirements
- Successful completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- English language requirements
- Completion of secondary school Math or equivalent at an acceptable level*
- FIC's Math Placement Assessment
*Verify Math requirement with the admissions office directly: firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
- The language of instruction at the College is English. Applicants are required to demonstrate a suitable level of English proficiency. Please visit the College's language requirements page for details.
- Entry into University Transfer Program Stage II generally require applicants to have successfully completed Year 12 or equivalent with overall and individual subject requirements depending on the program. Please check the admissions page for minimum academic requirements.
- Meeting the minimum admissions requirements does not guarantee admissions to the College
- If you have qualifications that are not listed on the admissions page, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
2) Institution Admission Requirements
Applicants also have to satisfy FIC's institution admission requirements as listed below.
English Language Requirements
If English is not your first language, you must have one of the following for direct entry (minimum score):
- Three years of study and 55% in English 12
- An IELTS score of 5.5 with a minimum band score of 5.0 on the Speaking and Listening bands and a 5.5 on the Reading and Writing bands
- A TOEFL score of 69 (internet based),
- A TOEFL score of 525 (paper based) or 196 (computer based)
- Eiken Pre-1
- GCE 'O' Levels C
- HKDSE English Level 3
- International Baccalaureate Standard 5 or Higher 4
- SPM English C4
Verify the information on the FIC website
General Admission Requirements (All Students)
All applicants must meet the College's admission requirements:
- Entry into UTP Stage I generally require the successful completion of Year 11 or its equivalent with overall and individual subject requirements depending on the program. Specific academic requirements are listed below.
- Entry into UTP Stage II generally requires the successful completion of Year 12 of secondary school or its equivalent with overall and individual subject requirements depending on the program. Specific minimum academic requirements are listed below*. Admissions assessments are based on an applicant’s complete academic record.
- Check the admissions page for all accepted qualifications from around the world. Not all qualifications are listed, so if you have other qualifications, please send details to firstname.lastname@example.org for assessment.
Math is required for admissions into Computing Science, Environment, and Engineering Science streams. Check the admission requirements page
BC Secondary School (or equivalent)
BC Secondary School graduates who wish to be considered for admission to FIC must meet both general requirements and program-specific requirements.
Out-of-Province Transfer Student
You may be given consideration as a mature student if you are at least 21 years old and have documented and relevant work experience and/or another acceptable qualification such as secondary school, college or vocational studies results.
Details on international secondary school requirements can be found here.
Other Student (including Special Consideration)
How to Apply
For step-by-step application advice to FIC please click here.