Feedback Close the survey


High school upgrading

There are a number of options available for upgrading or completing high school/secondary school courses in BC.

  • Your local school district may offer courses in-class, summer, or online/distance learning (availability and delivery type depends on the district). Please contact them directly. 
  • Universities and colleges throughout BC offer "Adult Upgrading" or "Adult Basic Education" whether you want to do one or two courses, or earn your high school graduation. Use the EducationPlannerBC Search tool ( to find which schools offer such programs. Use the filter on the left for Program Credentials >High School Equivalency to find details regarding admission, start dates, and more. Contact the institution directly for more information.
  • Visit to learn more about upgrading in BC.  

Don't forget to explore the StudentAidBC website to learn how to apply for the Adult Upgrading Grant.

There's more questions to be found in this category: