Known Error Messages on account pages
If you're receiving an error message or your email is blanked out when trying to submit your email on the "Forgot Password" tool at https://apply.educationplannerbc.ca/account/recover:
- If you're on a mobile device, click outside of the email address field BEFORE clicking the Recover Account button (for example, click on the text above the email entry field).
- Try the Password Recovery request on a desktop/laptop computer (not mobile device).
- "Unexpected end of JSON"
- "Unexpected end of data"
- "String did not match the expected pattern"
If you're receiving an error message such as an "Invalid" error when clicking on the link in the Confirm Account and Password Reset emails, here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Have you already used the link from this email? These links are one-time use only. You may need to request a new Confirm Account or Password Reset email.
- Password reset email links are only valid for 24 hours from the time sent. You may need to request a new Password Reset email.
- What information you are trying to enter / what steps you were trying to take when you received the unexpected response
- What device you are using (mobile or desktop device; what operating system?)
- What browser(s) you've tried (which were successful and which were not)
- The time of your most recent Confirm Account or Password Email which you are using the link from, if applicable
- The email address used for your EducationPlannerBC account, and birthdate for verification if we need to manually reset your password.
Thank you for your patience!